What Do I Read Next?
- Heart of Darkness (1902), a tale of a man sent into the Belgian Congo to track the elusive and maniacal Mr. Kurtz, is considered Conrad's best work, and one of the twentieth century's most important novellas.
- The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym (1838), Edgar Allan Poe's novella of a rite of passage for a young man and his love of the sea.
- "William Wilson," also by Edgar Allan Poe is a story about a man's double. A man is persecuted throughout his life by a man with the same name, who may or may not be real.
- "The Double" by Russian writer Fyodor Dostoyevsky is another story concerning a man's double.
- The Rime of the Ancient Mariner (1798), Samuel Taylor Coleridge's poem about an ancient sea-farer and his experiences with the supernatural.