Act V, Scenes 1–2: Questions and Answers
- What was Romeo’s dream about?
- What news does Balthasar bring?
- Why does Balthasar hesitate to bring Romeo his horses?
- Who does Romeo visit?
- Why is it dangerous for the Apothecary to sell poison?
- Why does the Apothecary sell Romeo the poison?
- Who is Friar John?
- Why couldn’t Friar John deliver the letter?
- What does Friar Laurence need a crowbar for?
- What does Friar Laurence plan to do now?
- Romeo dreamed that Juliet’s kiss saved him from death.
- Balthasar tells Romeo that Juliet has died.
- Balthasar thinks Romeo looks wild and worries that he might harm himself.
- Romeo visits a nearby apothecary.
- The sale of poison is illegal in Mantua and punishable by death.
- The Apothecary is too poor to refuse Romeo’s money.
- Friar John is the messenger Friar Laurence gave the message for Romeo to.
- Friar John got stuck in a sick house that was quarantined by the city.
- Friar Laurence intends to use the crowbar to break into the tomb and fetch Juliet.
- Friar Laurence plans to send another message to Romeo and hide Juliet in the meantime.