Act I, Scenes 3-5: Questions and Answers
1. Who is Susan?
2. When is Juliet’s birthday?
3. Why does Lady Capulet visit with Juliet? What questions does she ask her?
4. How do the Nurse and Lady Capulet feel about Paris?
5. Which character loves to talk?
6. Who is Queen Mab?
7. What premonition does Romeo have?
8. How did Lord Capulet force the young ladies to dance with him?
9. Who recognizes Romeo’s voice at the feast and becomes furious because he is allowed to stay?
10. Who first tells Romeo and Juliet who the other is?
1. Susan is the Nurse’s daughter who was born on the same day as Juliet; however, she died.
2. Juliet’s birthday is on Lammas Eve.
3. Lady Capulet visits with Juliet to ask her if she is ready for marriage. She asks Juliet to look at Paris at the feast that night.
4. The Nurse and Lady Capulet feel that Paris is a perfect match for Juliet and are in favor of the marriage.
5. Mercutio loves to talk and uses figurative language and many plays on words.
6. Queen Mab is the Queen of Fairies. She is responsible for what men dream.
7. Romeo has a premonition that something is about to happen that will shorten his life.
8. Lord Capulet threatens to tell everyone that any young lady who does not dance with him has corns on her feet.
9. Tybalt recognizes Romeo’s voice and becomes furious when Lord Capulet allows him to remain at the ball.
10. The Nurse is the one who identifies each of the lovers.