Last Updated on June 7, 2022, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 256
- What is Paris doing talking to Friar Laurence?
- How does Paris act toward Juliet?
- What does Juliet threaten to do when she’s alone with the Friar?
- What does the potion that the Friar gives Juliet do?
- What is the Friar’s plan?
- What is Romeo’s role in the plan?
- What does Juliet do when she returns home?
- What is Lord Capulet’s reaction to Juliet’s change of heart?
- Why is Juliet’s mother reluctant to move up the wedding?
- Why is Juliet afraid to take the potion?
- Paris is making arrangements for his wedding with Juliet.
- Paris acts forward and possessively toward Juliet as he assumes she loves him back.
- Juliet says she will kill herself before marrying Paris.
- The potion will make Juliet sleep for 42 hours.
- The Friar decides that Juliet will fake her own death to avoid having to marry Paris, and then Romeo will secretly come fetch her and bring her back to Mantua.
- Friar Laurence intends to send a messenger to Romeo to explain Juliet’s fake death and instruct him to come back to Verona.
- Juliet tells her parents she has changed her mind about not wanting to marry Paris.
- Lord Capulet is so excited that he moves the wedding up a day.
- Juliet’s mother is worried that the preparations won’t be finished in time.
- Juliet is afraid that the potion might actually be poison or that the plan will go awry and she will wake up alone in the Capulet tomb.