Act III, Scene 5: Questions and Answers
- Why does Juliet joke that the bird outside the window is a nightingale?
- Why does Romeo have to leave?
- What do Romeo and Juliet notice about their appearance as they say goodbye?
- What does Lady Capulet think Juliet is upset about?
- What plan does Lady Capulet have regarding Romeo?
- Why does Juliet ask to mix the poison for Romeo herself?
- How does Juliet react to her parents’ decision that she must marry Paris?
- How does Lord Capulet react to Juliet’s refusal?
- What does the Nurse counsel Juliet to do?
- How does Juliet feel about the Nurse’s advice?
- The bird is really a lark (a bird that sings in the morning), but Juliet jokes that it’s a nightingale (which sings at night) as a way of saying that it’s not yet morning.
- The Nurse...
(The entire section is 276 words.)