Act II, Scenes 5 and 6: Questions and Answers
1. At what time did Juliet send the Nurse to see Romeo and find out the wedding plans?
2. How long has Juliet been waiting for the Nurse to return with the news from Romeo?
3. How does the Nurse react when she finally returns?
4. How does the Nurse feel about the marriage?
5. What is the Friar afraid of?
6. The friar warns Romeo again about something. What is it?
7. How much do the lovers say their love has grown?
8. How many people know of the marriage?
9. Where does the marriage take place?
10. What is another name for the Friar?
1. Juliet sent the Nurse at nine o’clock in the morning to find out the wedding news from Romeo.
2. Juliet has been waiting three hours for the Nurse to return with the news.
3. The Nurse teases Juliet by claiming to be tired from her journey and prolongs telling her the news.
4. The Nurse is in favor of the marriage and feels that Romeo is handsome as well as polite.
5. The Friar is afraid that both lovers are acting too hastily.
6. The Friar warns Romeo again about acting too hastily.
7. The lovers say that their love has grown to such an extent that it cannot be counted.
8. Four main characters know of the marriage. Romeo and Juliet, of course, are aware; but also the Nurse and Friar Laurence have become accomplices in the affair.
9. The marriage takes place in Friar Laurence’s cell or chapel.
10. Friar Laurence is also referred to as the ghostly confessor.