Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 287
- Why does Romeo jump over the orchard wall?
- Why does Mercutio make jokes about Rosaline?
- What does Romeo say about Mercutio’s teasing?
- What does Juliet say about names?
- How does Romeo respond when Juliet tells him that he will be killed if the other Capulets find him?
- Why is Juliet worried about what Romeo overheard her saying?
- Why doesn’t Juliet want Romeo to swear his love on the moon?
- What does Juliet suggest they do instead of swearing their love right now?
- Who first brings up the idea of marriage?
- Where does Romeo plan to go once he says goodbye to Juliet?
- Romeo decides that he cannot leave the Capulet house without seeing Juliet again.
- Mercutio thinks that Romeo is still in love with Rosaline. He jokes about her, hoping to provoke Romeo into showing himself.
- Romeo remarks that it is easy to poke fun at other people’s pain when you have never felt the same sort of pain yourself.
- Juliet says that names shouldn’t matter because they are just words; they don’t actually define or change the thing they name.
- Romeo says he is more afraid of being rejected by Juliet than he is of the Capulets finding him.
- Juliet worries that Romeo might think that she is too easily won since he overheard her confessing her love for him.
- Juliet says that Romeo shouldn’t swear by something so changeable and inconstant as the moon.
- Juliet worries that things might be moving too fast and suggests that they wait a little while before declaring their love.
- Juliet is the one who first brings up marriage.
- Romeo plans to go see the Friar to make arrangements for the wedding.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support