Last Updated on June 7, 2022, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 232
- Who do Sampson and Gregory work for?
- What family does Benvolio belong to?
- What happens when Benvolio tries to break up the fight?
- What is Prince Escalus’s warning?
- What happened when Benvolio saw Romeo in the Sycamore grove earlier that day?
- Why is Romeo so sad?
- Why doesn’t Romeo have a chance with Rosaline?
- Why is Lord Capulet reluctant to let Paris marry Juliet right now?
- Why can’t Peter deliver the party invitations?
- Why does Benvolio urge Romeo to attend the ball?
- Sampson and Gregory work for the Capulet family.
- Benvolio is a Montague.
- Benvolio is unable to stop the fight because Tybalt Capulet arrives and challenges Benvolio to a fight.
- Prince Escalus says that the next time any one of the Montagues or the Capulets disturbs the peace, they will be killed.
- Romeo saw Benvolio approaching but ran further into the grove to be alone.
- Romeo is sad because he loves Rosaline, but she doesn’t love him back.
- Rosaline has sworn to live chaste and never marry anyone.
- Lord Capulet claims that Juliet is a bit too young to be married right now—she’s only thirteen—and suggests that Paris wait a few more years.
- Peter is illiterate and cannot read the list of invitees.
- Benvolio thinks that seeing all the beautiful ladies at the ball will help Romeo forget about Rosaline.