Last Updated on July 29, 2019, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 116
1. Discuss the way the young narrator slowly collects information on Rebecca's personality and habits.
2. Read Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre (1847). Do you note any similarities between Thornfield Manor and Manderley? What makes each of these a Gothic novel?
3. Setting is very important to Rebecca. Discuss the significance of the sea, the rooms in Manderley, and the surrounding countryside.
4. At the inquest, certain details of the night that Rebecca died come to light. Why were they not presented earlier? What is the importance of these details?
5. Alfred Hitchcock's adaptation of Rebecca is one of his most successful films. Watch the movie and compare it to the book. Are there any stylistic similarities between the movie and the book?