Volume Two, Chapters 4-8 Questions and Answers
1. When Elizabeth visits Heresford, where does she stop over?
2. How far was the journey to Collins’ parsonage?
3. What do the Gardiners propose to Elizabeth?
4. Who unexpectedly comes to offer dinner?
5. What is Elizabeth’s first impression of Miss de Bourgh?
6. How does Lady de Bourgh assess Elizabeth?
7. What games are played after dinner at the fashionable de Bourgh estate?
8. How old is Elizabeth?
9. Who arrives at the de Bourgh’s for a visit?
10. Why is Elizabeth attracted to Colonel Fitzwilliam?
1. She stops over for a day at the Gardiner’s, and meets Jane.
2. It was 24 miles.
3. They ask her to tour the lake region as their guest.
4. Miss de Bourgh arrives in her little carriage and offers a dinner invitation.
5. She is shy and timid.
6. She finds her too disrespectful.
7. They play card games, such as quadrille and casino and a variation of blackjack.
8. Elizabeth declines at first to say.
9. Darcy comes along with his cousin Colonel Fitzwilliam.
10. He is well-mannered, handsome, and attentive.