Volume Two, Chapters 13-19 Questions and Answers
2. How much money was Wickham given?
3. When his money ran out, who did Wickham try to win over?
4. What did Elizabeth say had been her folly?
5. Who came to visit Elizabeth while she read and re-read Darcy’s letter?
6. What does Lady Catherine ask Elizabeth to do?
7. Why do Elizabeth and Maria stop at the Gardiners on their way home?
8. What news does Lydia give Elizabeth about Wickham?
9. Why are Lydia and Kitty so agitated?
10. What does Elizabeth warn her father about?
1. He said she seemed to express indifference.
2. Wickham was given 3,000 pounds.
3. He tried to court Georgiana Darcy.
4. She said that vanity, not love, had been her folly.
5. Both Darcy and Fitzwilliam called to say good-bye.
6. She asks Elizabeth to write a letter to her mother, and to stay for a longer time.
7. They stop there to pick up Jane before returning home.
8. His newly intended, Mary King, has moved to Liverpool and is safe from him.
9. The militia will be leaving town in two weeks.
10. She warns him against Lydia being on her own, near so many eligible men.