Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 266
1. What does Darcy beg of Elizabeth as they are walking after his aunt’s intervention?
2. What do Darcy and Elizabeth both admit?
3. Who are the only people who are not surprised by Elizabeth’s engagement to Darcy?
4. How does Mrs. Bennet’s reaction to the pairing of Elizabeth and Darcy show more of her shortcomings and shallow character?
5. What does Mr. Bennet warn Elizabeth against?
6. What does Darcy say first attracted him to Elizabeth?
7. What does Elizabeth admit to her father after Darcy’s proposal?
8. How does Mr. Bennet’s concern differ from his wife’s?
9. How does Georgiana accept the marriage?
10. Is Elizabeth able to win over Lady Caroline?
1. He begs to know her true feelings for him.
2. They admit how much they have changed since their former meetings. Each has influenced the other.
3. The Gardiners always perceived a strong affinity between Darcy and Elizabeth, and are extremely happy with the engagement.
4. She immediately accepts Darcy, because of his financial position, and tries to hide her earlier dislike of him.
5. He tries to tell her not to marry someone only to advance her own status, as he did.
6. He admired her independent nature and outspoken ways.
7. She tells him the truth about Darcy’s settlement in the Lydia and Wickham situation, and how he resolved it.
8. He wants her to find an acceptable mate, and she wants her to be financially stable.
9. She is extremely happy with Darcy’s choice and they become as close as sisters.
10. She accepts the arrangement and eventually comes to call at Pemberly and seeks a reconciliation.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support