Volume Three, Chapters 11-15 Questions and Answers
1. Soon after Lydia leaves with her new husband, who returns to town?
2. What does Mrs. Bennet ask her husband to do? What is his answer?
3. Who did Darcy sit next to when he was invited to the Bennets’ for dinner?
5. When Bingley arrives for his second dinner invitation, what surprises the Bennet family?
6. How was it obvious that Mrs. Bennet wanted to leave Bingley and Jane alone?
7. What does Bingley do after the third dinner at the Bennets?
8. How does Lady Catherine shock Elizabeth when she unexpectedly calls at Longbourn?
9. What does Lady Catherine try to get Elizabeth to promise?
1. Mr. Bingley is returning to Netherfield to do some hunting.
2. She asks him to attend Bingley as soon as he arrives, and he refuses.
3. Mrs. Bennet placed him next to her, and they were both uncomfortable.
4. She says that they are merely friends again and that it goes no deeper than that.
5. He arrives early, and none of the women are yet dressed for dinner.
6. She kept winking at the girls, and finally took Kitty up to her room. Then, she had Mr. Bennet call Elizabeth into the library so Jane and Bingley could be left alone.
7. He proposes to Jane.
8. She tells Elizabeth that Darcy cannot be hers, because he is promised to Miss de Bourgh.
9. She wants Elizabeth to refuse Darcy if he proposes.
10. He wants Mr. Bennet to warn Elizabeth to stay away from Darcy and the de Bourgh family.