Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 225
1. How does Jane describe Bingley to Elizabeth?
2. What does Elizabeth say Jane never sees?
3. What did Charlotte overhear at the ball?
4. What did Miss Bingley and Mrs. Hurst think of Mrs. Bennet and the younger daughters?
5. At the second ball, what does Darcy do that irritates Elizabeth?
6. What is an entailment?
7. What happens to Jane when she visits Bingley’s sisters?
8. How do the Bingley sisters react to Elizabeth’s appearance when she arrives at Netherfield?
9. What is the name of Darcy’s estate?
10. Who is Mr. Jones and why was he sent for?
1. She says he is sensible, good humored, lively, and has fine manners.
2. She says Jane never sees people’s faults.
3. She overheard Bingley describe Jane as the prettiest woman in the room.
4. They thought the mother was intolerable and the younger daughters were not worth talking to.
5. He deliberately listened in on a conversation she had with Colonel Forster.
6. Entailment is a legal term that means a property is bequeathed to a given person (in this case, a male heir).
7. Jane caught a severe cold in the rain and had to remain at Netherfield because she was bedridden.
8. She is muddy and wet, and they find her indelicate and rough.
9. Its name is Pemberley.
10. Mr. Jones is a druggist, and he is asked to bring medicine for Jane.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support