Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 225
1. How does Jane describe Bingley to Elizabeth?
Writing an essay?
Get a custom outline
Our Essay Lab can help you tackle any essay assignment within seconds, whether you’re studying Macbeth or the American Revolution. Try it today!
2. What does Elizabeth say Jane never sees?
3. What did Charlotte overhear at the ball?
4. What did Miss Bingley and Mrs. Hurst think of Mrs. Bennet and the younger daughters?
5. At the second ball, what does Darcy do that irritates Elizabeth?
6. What is an entailment?
7. What happens to Jane when she visits Bingley’s sisters?
8. How do the Bingley sisters react to Elizabeth’s appearance when she arrives at Netherfield?
9. What is the name of Darcy’s estate?
10. Who is Mr. Jones and why was he sent for?
1. She says he is sensible, good humored, lively, and has fine manners.
2. She says Jane never sees people’s faults.
3. She overheard Bingley describe Jane as the prettiest woman in the room.
4. They thought the mother was intolerable and the younger daughters were not worth talking to.
5. He deliberately listened in on a conversation she had with Colonel Forster.
6. Entailment is a legal term that means a property is bequeathed to a given person (in this case, a male heir).
7. Jane caught a severe cold in the rain and had to remain at Netherfield because she was bedridden.
8. She is muddy and wet, and they find her indelicate and rough.
9. Its name is Pemberley.
10. Mr. Jones is a druggist, and he is asked to bring medicine for Jane.