Volume One, Chapters 2-3 Questions and Answers
1. How does Mr. Bennet tease his family?
2. What annoying habit does Kitty have?
4. Why did Bingley turn down the first invitation to dinner?
5. Who came back from London with Bingley?
6. What are the first impressions of most women of Darcy?
7. Who does Bingley find attractive?
8. Why does Elizabeth sit down for two dances?
9. Who overhears Darcy’s speech to Bingley? How does she react?
10. What most impresses Mrs. Bennet about Bingley’s sisters?
1. He doesn’t tell them right away that he has already called upon Mr. Bingley.
2. Kitty has an annoying cough.
3. She tells Lydia that she will probably get the first dance with Bingley.
4. He had to go to London to bring his relatives back.
5. He brought back his two sisters, his brother-in-law, and Mr. Darcy.
6. They find him to be handsome, but exceedingly vain and cold.
7. He dances two dances with Jane, and describes her to Darcy as the most beautiful creature he has ever seen.
8. There are more women at the ball than eligible men, and some are more popular than others.
9. Elizabeth overhears his arrogant speech, and forms an immediate dislike.
10. She says they dress elegantly and expensively, and are charming.