Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 206
1. Where does the opening scene take place?
2. What does Mrs. Bennet want her husband to do?
3. Why does Mrs. Bennet seem excited?
4. What does Mrs. Bennet consider to be her mission in life?
5. Why does Mr. Bennet favor Lizzy?
6. Who does Mrs. Bennet say will probably visit Mr. Bingley first?
7. How much money does Mr. Bingley earn annually?
8. What is meant by the word “let” in this sentence?
“Netherfield Park is let at last.”
9. What does Mrs. Bennet say a woman with five grown daughters should give up?
10. How many years have the Bennets been married?
1. It takes place in the country home of Mr. and Mrs. Bennet.
2. She wants him to be among the first to visit their new neighbor, Mr. Bingley.
3. Mr. Bingley is a single man of wealth. She has five marriageable daughters.
4. The business of her life is to get her daughters married.
5. He thinks Lizzy is smarter than the rest of his daughters.
6. She says Sir William and Lady Lucas will go for the same reason.
7. He earns four or five thousand pounds per year.
8. It means the estate is rented.
9. She feels she should give up thinking of her own beauty.
10. They have been married for 23 years.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support