Chapters 46-50 Questions and Answers
1. Why does Lord Warburton think Ralph should not travel to England with him?
2. How does Lord Warburton feel about Pansy when he decides to return to England?
3. According to Henrietta, what is Isabel too “proud” to do?
4. What is Osmond’s opinion of Ralph? Is he concerned about Ralph’s illness?
5. Henrietta reminds Osmond of what object?
6. How does Osmond get along with Caspar Goodwood?
7. When does Ralph decide to return to England?
8. If Isabel remains married to Osmond, what does Henrietta think will happen to her?
9. What kind of magazine articles does Henrietta send Caspar Goodwood?
10. What does Osmond say Ned has made him believe in for the first time?
1. Warburton believes Ralph should wait for warmer weather before he travels, otherwise the cold, combined with the rigors of the journey, could be quite detrimental to his health.
(The entire section is 286 words.)