Chapters 36-40 Questions and Answers
1. Where in Switzerland did Ned meet Pansy?
2. How much money does Ned say he is worth?
3. What is Osmond’s opinion of Ned? How does Osmond describe Pansy’s suitor?
4. How have the Osmonds established themselves in their wealthy social circle?
5. During their friendly political debates, what name does Ralph call Lord Warburton?
6. If Pansy is not allowed to marry Ned, what does she tell him she will do?
7. Where did the Osmonds move to after their marriage?
8. How has Osmond’s attitude toward Madame Merle changed?
9. Why does Isabel think Lord Warburton and Pansy would be a good match for each other?
10. How did Madame Merle learn that Lord Warburton had once proposed to Isabel?
1. They met at a resort in St. Moritz.
2. He says he has a “comfortable little...
(The entire section is 264 words.)