Ideas for Reports and Papers
1. Report on Zindel's use of symbols in The Pigman. Be sure to consider Mr. Pignati's pig collection and the animals at the zoo, particularly Bobo the baboon.
2. John and Lorraine sometimes narrate the same events. Determine what each tends to observe and judge, and the effect their judgments have on the reader.
3. Mrs. Jensen specializes in the care of the dying but steals from their families. She is abnormally afraid of sexual contact and her relationship to her deceased husband seems to reflect her entire character. Describe her character and explain the reasons for her behavior.
4. The Pigman features puzzles, quizzes, drawings, and newspaper clippings in its text. Determine their function in the novel.
5. Describe what John and Lorraine have learned from their friendship with The Pigman.