Part III, Chapters XXXIV – XXXV: Questions and Answers
1. Is Aziz tolerated in this Hindu state? What is the most important distinction there?
2. Why doesn’t Aziz know that Fielding has married Mrs. Moore’s daughter?
3. How has Aziz’s life changed since he left Chandrapore?
4. Who is Colonel Maggs? Why is he unable to influence the Rajah against Aziz?
5. Why does Aziz tear up Fielding’s note?
6. Why is the news of the Rajah’s death concealed?
7. Who is and who is not stung inside the Shrine of the Head?
8. What conditions at the Guest House cause Fielding to complain?
9. What reveals Aziz’s mistake about Fielding’s marriage?
10. What is Aziz’s reaction?
1. Aziz is tolerated in this Hindu state, where the greatest division is between Brahmin and non-Brahmin, the highest caste Hindus and the lower castes.
2. When the letter arrived in Chandrapore, Aziz read only the first lines, then tossed it to Mahmoud Ali...
(The entire section is 306 words.)