Part II, Chapters XXV – XXVI: Questions and Answers
1. What rumor has been circulating about Miss Quested’s recantation?
2. Why does Aziz feel that Fielding has deserted him?
3. What rumor does Mahmoud Ali start about Nureddin?
4. How does Dr. Panna Lal avert disaster?
5. What is the theme of the Nawab Bahadur’s speech? What is ironic about his change of title?
6. What are the four possibilities Fielding suggests to account for Miss Quested’s behavior? Does she seem to favor any one of them over the others?
7. What does Hamidullah mean by saying, “A great deal has been broken, more than will ever be mended”?
8. Why isn’t Hamidullah impressed by Miss...
(The entire section is 402 words.)