Chapter 8 - Lone Questions and Answers
1. What was written on the sign that Lone almost knocked down?
2. What kind of herb was Lone searching for near the Oven?
3. How old is Lone in the present?
4. Do the men go anywhere after leaving the Oven and before going to the Convent?
5. Whom does Lone seek out once she gets her car out of the ditch?
6. What time did the Convent women wake to prepare for the day?
7. Who shoots the white woman?
8. About whom did Dovey Morgan once have a strange, portentous dream?
9. Who took the knife out of Menus Jury’s shoulder?
10. When Roger Best goes out to the Convent, what is he unable to find?
1. “Early Melones” was written on the sign that Lone almost knocked down.
2. Lone was searching for a mandrake root in the stream bed near the Oven.
3. Lone is 86.
4. Yes. To avoid the rain, the men go to the shed behind Sargeant Person’s barn.
5. Once she gets her car out of the ditch, Lone seeks out Pious DuPres.
6. The Convent women woke at 4:00 a.m. to prepare for the day.
7. Steward Morgan shoots the white woman.
8. Dovey Morgan once had a strange, portentous dream about the man she called “Friend.” In the dream she washed his hair and then woke up to find her hands wet with suds.
9. Reverend Pulliam took the knife out of Menus Jury’s shoulder.
10. When Roger Best goes out to the Convent, he cannot find any evidence that anything unusual took place there. He cannot find any of the bodies, any blood, or the Cadillac that Mavis had brought.