Chapter 6 - Patricia Questions and Answers
1. What mistake had Pat made the previous school year regarding her students’ Christmas decorations?
2. Were the Morgan brothers inclined to approve Roger Best’s bank loan?
3. What did Pat look at in the yard through the open window?
4. What had Fairy DuPres fed the baby that she and her people rescued on the way to found Haven?
5. According to Pat’s history project, how long had this particular group of “8-Rocks” been in this country?
6. What was left when Billy Cato died?
7. What exactly had Fairy DuPres said to Steward Morgan in response to his words about Roger’s decision to bring and marry Delia?
8. How long did Billie Delia stay at the Convent?
9. How and when did Nathan DuPres and his wife, Mirth, lose their babies?
10. According to Pat’s realization, is God’s “Furrowed Brow” the one referred to in the Oven’s inscription?
1. The mistake Pat made the previous school year regarding her students’ Christmas decorations was to let her very young pupils apply the glue and glitter themselves. She had to clean their faces and hands.
2. Yes, the Morgan brothers were inclined to approve Roger Best’s bank loan.
3. Pat looked at her mother’s grave in the yard through the open window.
4. Fairy DuPres had fed the baby a water-soaked meal cake.
5. According to Pat’s history project, the group of “8-Rocks” had been in this country since at least 1770.
6. Nothing was left when Billy Cato died except a few “effects,” including a crushed gold ring.
7. Fairy DuPres had said, “God don’t love ugly ways. Watch out He don’t deny you what you love too,” in response to Steward Morgan’s words about Delia.
8. Billie Delia stayed at the Convent for two weeks and a day.
9. Nathan DuPres and Mirth lost their babies in a tornado in 1922.
10. According to Pat, the “Furrowed Brow” does not refer to God. It is the brow of Zechariah and those who followed him, of ancestors watching over their children and grandchildren, exhorting them to remain true to their (skin-based) identity.