Chapter 5 - Divine Questions and Answers
1. What name did Anna Flood use when she thought about Reverend Pulliam?
2. Which biblical verses had Misner planned to allude to at the wedding?
3. What animal-related incident were various people interpreting as an omen about the wedding?
4. How did the groom respond to this supposed “omen”?
5. What had K. D. done with the letters he received from Arnette?
6. What biblical verse had Reverend Pulliam featured in a sermon about Arnette’s “outrage at the Convent”?
7. What were some of the manifestations of the trouble between the Morgans and the Fleetwoods?
8. Who begins to play the piano at the wedding reception?
9. What did Billie [Delia] Cato specifically warn Pallas not to be worried about at the Convent?
10. What kind of job does Gigi assume Pallas’ mother held?
1. When she thought about Reverend Pulliam, Anna Flood used the name “Senior ‘Take No Prisoners’ Pulliam.”
2. Misner had planned to allude to Revelation 19:7 and 9, and Matthew 19:6 at the wedding.
3. Various people at the wedding were concerned about the buzzards (vultures) seen flying north over the town. They interpreted this as a bad omen about the wedding.
4. The groom’s response to this supposed omen was one of scorn. He felt that those who paid attention to it were simpletons.
5. K. D. had put the letters he received from Arnette in a shoe box in his aunt’s attic.
6. The biblical verse Reverend Pulliam featured in a sermon was Jeremiah 1:5.
7. Some of the indicators of the trouble between the Morgans and the Fleetwoods included the time Jeff Fleetwood pulled a gun on K. D.; the time Menus Jury had to stop a shoving match between Steward and Arnold Fleetwood; and the time Mabel Fleetwood didn’t send a cake to the All-Church Bake Sale.
8. Kate Golightly begins to play the piano at the wedding reception.
9. Billie [Delia] Cato specifically warns Pallas not to be worried if she sees the women in the Convent walking around naked.
10. Gigi assumes Pallas’ mother had been a stripper.