Chapter 3 - Grace Questions and Answers
1. Whom does K. D. remember in connection to the lace he sees in the house?
2. To what does Deek liken the credit union Misner has founded?
3. What specific memory comes back to K. D. when he thinks about this new woman, whom he so desires?
4. What does Reverend Misner say that the Fleetwood women promised to bring out?
5. When Reverend Misner sees K. D. speeding down a street, what is the young man driving?
6. According to Dice, what, other than the fig trees, makes the town of Ruby worth visiting?
7. How had the citizens of Wish, Arizona, reacted to their local landmark?
8. How does Dice respond when Gigi tells him she hates rhubarb?
9. How much did Roger Best charge for the removal of Mother’s body?
10. How much time had passed between Mother’s death and Mavis’s return to the Convent?
1. K. D. remembers his Aunt Soane in connection to the lace he sees in the house. He remembers that she worked lace like a prisoner, making more lace than could ever be used.
2. Deek likens the credit union Misner has founded to a piggy bank.
3. When K. D. thinks about this new woman, the memory that comes back to him is of a time when he was a boy. While traveling with his uncle Steward, K. D. once saw a big swimming pool, full of white children and outside his reach. He never forgot it.
4. Reverend Misner says that the Fleetwood women promised to bring out coffee and rice pudding after the men have their family meeting.
5. Reverend Misner sees K. D. speeding down a street driving Steward Morgan’s Impala.
6. According to Dice, the other thing that makes Ruby worth visiting is the rhubarb pie a person can get there.
7. The citizens of Wish, Arizona, hated their local landmark and wanted to destroy it with explosives.
8. When Gigi tells Dice she hates rhubarb, he says that she “ain’t lived at all.”
9. Roger Best charged 25 dollars for the removal of Mother’s body.
10. Seven days had passed between Mother’s death and Mavis’ return to the Convent.