Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 269
1. Who is responsible for the evil nature of Eve’s dream?
Writing an essay?
Get a custom outline
Our Essay Lab can help you tackle any essay assignment within seconds, whether you’re studying Macbeth or the American Revolution. Try it today!
2. What does Eve’s dream foreshadow?
3. How does Adam comfort Eve after her frightening dream?
4. Who is asked to join Adam and Eve in their morning praise to God?
5. What kind of food does Eve prepare for Raphael?
6. To whom does Raphael allude when he greets Eve with “Hail Mother of Mankind”?
7. Who has no superior to obey in the “scale of Nature”?
8. Why does Satan rebel against God?
9. Who speaks against Satan when he gathers his legions of angels in the North of Heaven to convince them to rebel against God?
10. How does Satan answer his sole disbeliever’s accusation that he is not obeying his creator?
1. Satan has come to Eve in the form of a toad and has attempted to reach “the organs of her fancy.”
2. Eve’s dream foreshadows Satan’s temptation of Eve and her consequent fall.
3. Adam tells her that evil can come and go in the mind and leave no trace of its presence.
4. Adam and Eve call on the planets, elements, trees, birds, beasts, and angels to join them in their praise of God.
5. Eve prepares the choicest fruits of Paradise for Raphael, their guest.
6. Raphael alludes to Mary, the mother of Jesus. Eve is literally the Mother of Mankind, however.
7. God alone has no superior in the “scale of Nature.”
8. Satan is jealous because God has proclaimed the Son as the angels’ superior.
9. Abdiel alone speaks against Satan and his rebellion against God.
10. Satan denies that God created him though he knows it is