Last Updated on June 1, 2019, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 214
1. What approach does Michael use to explain how the world will be restored?
Writing an essay?
Get a custom outline
Our Essay Lab can help you tackle any essay assignment within seconds, whether you’re studying Macbeth or the American Revolution. Try it today!
2. Which seventeenth-century monarch can be compared to the character of Nimrod from the Bible?
3. Besides an empire, what did Nimrod build?
4. Who is the first leader of the mighty nation of Israel?
5. Who is sent to deliver the nation of Israel out of captivity?
6. Who is the enemy of the Israelites?
7. What becomes of Solomon’s people?
8. Who baptizes the first believers after Christ’s death?
9. Where is Eve while Michael is talking to Adam?
10. Who accompanies Michael as he leads Adam and Eve out of Paradise?
1. Michael uses the method of narration to explain the restoration of a sinful world to Adam.
2. Most commentators feel that Milton was equating Charles I to Nimrod.
3. Nimrod built the Tower of Babel.
4. Abraham is the first leader of Israel.
5. Moses is sent to deliver the nation of Israel out of captivity.
6. Pharaoh and the Egyptians are the enemies of Moses and the Israelites.
7. Solomon’s people are taken into captivity by the Babylonians.
8. The Apostles baptize the first believers after Christ’s death.
9. Eve has been sleeping while Michael was speaking to Adam.
10. The Cherubim stand guard as God’s brandished sword blazes in the sky in front of them.