Last Updated on July 29, 2019, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 155
1. Write an essay in which you describe what the interiors of your mind might look like to Jared if he stumbled inside it. For instance, what buildings might it contain? How would they be decorated?
2. Since the novel ends ambiguously, write a continuation suggesting the future relationship between Jared, his grandmother, and Annelise.
3. Research the topic of "telepathy" and write a newspaper article presenting current scientific views about whether or not it could be possible.
4. Read another young adult novel, such as Harriet the Spy (Louise Fitzhugh, 1964), which deals with the public disclosure of an individual's secret, private feelings. Compare its treatment of this idea with that of Others See Us.
5. Compare and contrast Sleator's treatment of the corrupting nature of power in Others See Us with that of one of the following: Shakespeare's Macbeth, William Golding's The Lord of the Flies, Robert Cormier's The Chocolate War, and Sleator's own The Green Future of Tycho.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support