Part One, Chapters 9-10: Questions and Answers
1. Who drives to Central City with Sal?
2. What famous star performed at the Central City Opera House?
3. What opera do Sal and Babe see in Central City?
4. Whom does Ray Rawlins punch in the bar?
5. Where do Sal and his friends wash up after cleaning the cabin?
6. What does Ray Rawlins do to the tenor D’Annunzio at the bar?
7. Where were Carlo and Dean while Sal was in Central City?
8. What does Rita Bettencourt want out of life?
9. What do Sal and Tim Gray call each other?
10. What does Sal retrieve from Eddie’s girlfriend’s house?
1. Ray Rawlins, Babe Rawlins, and Tim Gray go to Central City.
2. Lillian Russell performed at the old theater.
3. Fidelio is the name of the opera.
4. Ray fights with an Argentinean tourist.
5. They wash up in the opera performers’ bathroom.
6. Ray throws a highball in his face.
7. Carlo and Dean were in Central City, too, but Sal didn’t know they were there.
8. Rita tells Sal that she just wants to wait on tables and get along.
9. They call each other “Yo.”
10. Sal takes back the plaid wool shirt he had loaned him.