Part One, Chapters 13-14: Questions and Answers
1. Where do Sal and Terry try to work in Hollywood?
2. How do Sal and Terry finally get to Bakersfield?
3. In Sabinal, Sal quotes a line from what movie?
4. What kind of work does Ponzo do?
5. How does Terry feel about Ponzo?
6. Who lives in the cotton field tent next to Sal and Terry?
7. What kind of a house does Terry’s family live in?
8. What book does Sal steal in Hollywood?
9. Sal and The Ghost walk along what river in Pennsylvania?
10. How does Sal feel when he returns to New York?
1. They try to work at a drugstore on Sunset and Vine.
2. They take a bus.
3. He quotes a line from Of Mice and Men.
4. He sells manure to farmers.
5. She hates him because he always hangs around, trying to get close to her.
6. An entire family of Okie cotton-pickers lives next door.
7. They live in a four-room shack.
8. Sal steals Le Grand Meaulnes by Alain-Fournier.
9. They walk along the Susquehanna River.
10. He is overwhelmed by the crowds of people rushing to get home from work.