Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 175
1. What is the festive occasion in Menelaus’ palace when Telemachus arrives?
2. Who is the first to recognize Telemachus in Sparta?
3. Why does Peisistratus wish the weeping to end?
4. How does Helen stop everyone’s sorrow?
5. What foreshadowing takes place in Helen’s story?
6. How is Helen presented in Menelaus’ tale of the Trojan Horse?
7. How does Menelaus know of Odysseus’ fate?
8. How did Menelaus learn how to capture Proteus?
9. Why doesn’t Telemachus accept Menelaus’ gift of horses?
10. How do the suitors react when they learn of Telemachus’ voyage?
1. The occasion is the weddings of Megapenthes and Hermione.
2. Helen is the first to recognize Telemachus.
3. He is reminded of his deceased brother, Antilochus.
4. She uses a drug she obtained in Egypt.
5. Helen depicts Odysseus as a spy disguised as a beggar.
6. She is helping the Trojans against the Greek warriors, including Odysseus.
7. He captured and interrogated the knowledgeable sea god, Proteus.
8. He was informed by Proteus’ daughter, Eidothea.
9. Ithaca is not conducive to the breeding of horses.
10. They are angry and vengeful.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support