Book 3 Questions and Answers
1. What is the name of the first kingdom visited by Telemachus on his travels?
2. What is Nestor’s family celebrating when Telemachus arrives at their city?
3. Which son of Nestor befriends and accompanies Telemachus on his journey?
4. When did Nestor and Odysseus part company?
5. Where was Menelaus when Agamemnon was assassinated?
6. What activity was Orestes engaged in when Menelaus finally returned to Greece?
7. Whom does Nestor suggest Telemachus visit?
8. In what manner does Athene take her leave of Telemachus and Nestor?
9. How does Nestor react toward her departure?
10. What occurs in the morning before Telemachus continues on his journey?
1. The first kingdom Telemachus visits is Pylus.
2. They are celebrating a feast for Poseidon.
3. Peisistratus befriends and accompanies Telemachus.
4. Odysseus turned his ships back toward Troy to console Agamemnon.
5. He was still wandering in his ships.
6. He was burying Clytemnestra and Aegisthus.
7. He suggests that Telemachus visit Menelaus.
8. She turns into a vulture.
9. He rejoices, proud of her visitation.
10. Nestor’s people sacrifice to Athene.