Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 176
1. Who leads the suitors to Hades’ realm?
2. Why does Agamemnon recognize Amphimedon?
3. In what activity is Laertes engaged when Odysseus finds him?
4. What decision must Odysseus make before approaching Laertes?
5. What reaction does he stir in his father?
6. What does Eupeithes suggest to the assembled Ithacans?
7. What news does Medon bring to the assembly?
8. What does Athene request of Zeus?
9. How is Laertes able to destroy Eupeithes?
10. What does Athene stop Odysseus from doing when the Ithacans flee from him?
1. Hermes leads them.
2. Agamemnon had once been a guest in his house.
3. Laertes is working laboriously in his orchard.
4. Odysseus must decide whether to tell Laertes the truth of his return or to deceive him.
5. His father is struck by a severe fit of mourning.
6. Eupeithes suggests that they attack Odysseus for his crimes.
7. Medon brings news that that Odysseus’ actions were favored by the immortals.
8. Athene asks Zeus to allow her to bring about a peaceful resolution to the Ithacan conflict.
9. He is strengthened by Athene.
10. She stops Odysseus from pursuing them.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support