Book 23 Questions and Answers
1. How does Penelope initially react to Eurycleia’s announcement?
2. After she believes that the suitors have been slain, whom does Penelope believe has accomplished the task?
3. Why does Telemachus rebuke Penelope in the great hall?
4. For what reason does Odysseus initially believe Penelope doubts his authenticity?
5. What does he do to rectify the situation?
6. How does Odysseus stall the people from discovering the truth concerning the suitors?
7. What causes Penelope to accept Odysseus’ identity?
8. What fear caused her to withhold her acknowledgement for so long?
9. What must Athene do to ensure Odysseus and Penelope have...
(The entire section is 204 words.)