Book 16 Questions and Answers
1. Why is Eumaeus so excited to see Telemachus?
2. Upon what errand does Telemachus send Eumaeus?
3. What prompts Odysseus to reveal his identity to Telemachus?
4. Why is Telemachus frightened by his father’s appearance?
5. Whom does Odysseus assert will aid Telemachus and him in his struggle against the suitors?
6. With what part of Odysseus’ plan does Telemachus disagree?
7. How do the suitors learn of Telemachus’ return?
8. What prompts the suitors to disagree with Antinoös’ proposal?
9. Of what does Eurymachus falsely reassure Penelope?
10. What suggests to Eumaeus that the suitors have returned from their failed...
(The entire section is 194 words.)