Book IV, Chapters 1-5 Questions and Answers
1. Where does Frances Harling tell Jim that Antonia is living?
2. What happened while Tiny Soderball was running her boarding house in Seattle?
3. What was the only thing that now interested Tiny?
4. Why did Tiny limp when she walked?
5. What does Jim notice about the picture of Antonia’s baby?
6. Why was Larry Donovan fired as a passenger conductor?
7. How did Larry Donovan treat his female passengers different from his male passengers?
8. What does Jim notice about the old pasture lands?
9. Who was in the basement when Mrs. Steavens and Jim went into the sitting room?
10. Who shows Jim Antonia’s baby?
1. Antonia has gone back to live on the farm.
2. Gold was discovered in Alaska.
3. Tiny was only interested in making money.
4. She lost some of her toes in the cold weather.
5. The picture is in a great gilt frame.
6. He was blacklisted for knocking down fares.
7. He was cold and distant toward the men and friendly toward the women.
8. It is being broken up into wheat fields and and corn fields.
9. Mrs. Steavens’ quiet brother was sitting in the basement reading his farm papers.
10. Yulka Shimerda shows Jim the baby.