Book III, Chapters 1-4 Questions and Answers
1. Why did Gaston Cleric move west?
2. What was so unsusal about Jim’s room in Lincoln?
3. What does Jim believe was “fatal” to Gaston Cleric’s “poetic gift”?
4. Why did Lena insist on paying her own way to the theatre?
5. What did Lena plan to do with the money she saved?
6. Where does Lena tell Jim Antonia is working?
7. What does Jim remember when he hears Lena laugh?
8. Why was Jim puzzled by Lena’s business success?
9. What was the significance of the umbrella Jim uses on his way back from the theatre?
10. Why does Lena like to be lonesome?
1. Gaston’s doctor suggested he move west in order to...
(The entire section is 226 words.)