Part II, Chapter Five: Questions and Answers
1. How did Dr. Duke feel about snakes?
2. Why wasn’t Zora allowed to gather graveyard dirt when she went with Dr. Duke?
3. What must Beasley do for the ritual to work while he awaits trial?
4. Why did Dr. Duke use a different ritual each time to accomplish the same thing?
5. Describe Dr. Duke’s ritual for driving a person away.
6. When does the young matron meet her downfall after it is predicted by Dr. Jenkins?
7. What is “goofer dust”?
8. Why are church members buried facing east, while sinners are buried in the opposite direction?
9. What does it mean when it rains at a funeral?
(The entire section is 458 words.)