Act V, Scene 4 Questions and Answers
1. Who is declared innocent?
2. When Benedick asks Leonato for Beatrice's hand and Leonato reveals the double gull, what is Benedick's response?
3. Who is the masked lady that Claudio swore to marry and how does he respond when she unveils herself?
4. What paper does Claudio produce?
5. How does Benedick stop Beatrice's mouth?
6. What is Benedick's conclusion?
7. Who wants to dance and why?
8. What advice does Benedick give Don Pedro?
9. What news does the messenger bring?
10. Which plays of Shakespeare end with a dance?
1. Hero, the prince, and Claudio are declared innocent.
2. Benedick's response is, "[y]our answer, sir, is enigmatical."
3. Claudio is amazed to find the masked lady that he swore to marry is none other than Hero.
4. Claudio produces a paper containing a halting sonnet written by Benedick.
5. Benedick stops Beatrice's mouth with a kiss.
6. Benedick's conclusion is "man is a giddy thing."
7. Benedick wants to dance to lighten their hearts and their wive's heels.
8. Benedick advises Don Pedro to "[g]et thee a wife, get thee a wife."
9. The messenger brings the news that Don John is taken and will be brought back to Messina.
10. No other plays of Shakespeare end with a dance.