Act IV Scene 1 Questions and Answers
1. How does Claudio reject Hero?
2. What does Don Pedro call Hero?
3. What fate does Leonato wish upon his daughter, Hero, after she swoons away? And what extreme measure is he willing to take to bring it about?
4. Did Beatrice sleep with Hero the night before?
5. Who declares his belief that Hero is innocent?
6. Whom does Benedick intuit as the author of the slander?
7. What does Friar Francis direct Leonato to do?
8. For whom does Beatrice weep?
9. Who confess their love for each other?
10. Who will Benedick challenge?
1. Claudio rejects Hero contemptuously as a wanton.
2. Don Pedro calls Hero a common stale.
3. Leonato wishes his daughter dead and he is willing to kill her himself.
4. No, Beatrice did not sleep with Hero the night before.
5. Friar Francis declares his belief that Hero is innocent.
6. Benedick intuits Don John as the author of the slander.
7. Friar Francis directs Leonato to hide Hero away, to announce that she died upon being accused, and to hold public mourning for her.
8. Beatrice weeps for her cousin, Hero.
9. Beatrice and Benedict confess their love for each other.
10. Benedick will challenge his friend, Claudio.