Act I, Scene 1 Questions and Answers
1. Who was victorious in the battle that preceded the opening of the play?
2. What is the relationship between Don Pedro, Claudio, and Benedick?
3. Why is the speech of Leonato, Don Pedro, and Claudio so rigid? What does their style tell us about their characters?
4. How does Beatrice cover up her concern for Benedick?
5. What simile does Beatrice use to describe Benedick's faith?
6. During their wordspar, what accusations do Benedick and Beatrice hurl on each other?
7. What is the greatest fear of Claudio and Benedick?
8. Have the characters met before?
9. What about Hero is of major concern to Claudio?
10. Which character reveals his misogyny? Is this misogyny real?
1. Prince Don Pedro...
(The entire section is 222 words.)