Part 9 Questions and Answers
1. From what location does the nonsense song issue?
2. Who gives the old woman a coin?
3. Why had Septimus left home as a mere boy?
4. Off of what road had Septimus lodged once he first got to London?
5. At what firm is Mr. Brewer, Septimus’ supervisor, a managing clerk?
6. What would Lucrezia say matters most?
7. What did Septimus, staring through a train window, think might be possible?
8. Off what road did Septimus and Lucrezia take admirable lodgings in London?
9. What did Septimus decide that Shakespeare loathed?
10. To what did Septimus compare the sound of Lucrezia crying?
1. The nonsense song issues from the Regent’s Park Tube (subway) station.
2. Peter Walsh gives the old woman a coin.
3. Septimus left home as a mere boy because of his mother, who lied.
4. Septimus had lodged near Euston Road once he first got to London.
5. Mr. Brewer is a managing clerk at Sibleys and Arrowsmith’s.
6. Lucrezia would say, “It is the hat that matters most.”
7. Staring through a train window, Septimus thought it might be possible that the world was without meaning.
8. Septimus and Lucrezia took lodgings off the Tottenham Court Road in London.
9. Septimus decided that Shakespeare loathed humanity.
10. Septimus compared the sound of Lucrezia crying to a piston pumping.