Part 5 Questions and Answers
1. As Peter walks the street after leaving Clarissa’s, what time is it?
2. What question does Peter ask himself regarding Clarissa?
3. At what statue does Peter stare and glare as he thinks of Clarissa and “her set”?
4. What are the boys in uniform carrying?
5. In what famous London square does Peter see the attractive young woman?
6. What does Peter imagine asking the young woman?
7. What does Peter imagine himself to be as he follows the young woman?
8. What does Peter remember about Regent’s Park?
9. To what does the narrator liken the old gray nurse?
10. What is the central image of the meditation that follows Peter’s having fallen asleep?
1. As Peter walks the street after leaving Clarissa’s, the time is half past eleven.
2. Peter asks himself why Clarissa gives her parties.
3. Peter stands staring and glaring at the statue of the Duke of Cambridge as he thinks about Clarissa and “her set.”
4. The boys in uniform are carrying guns.
5. Peter sees the attractive young woman in Trafalgar Square.
6. Peter imagines inviting the young woman to have an ice with him.
7. Peter imagines himself to be an adventurer as he follows the young woman.
8. Peter remembers walking in Regent’s Park when he was a boy.
9. To the narrator, the old gray nurse seems like the champion of the rights of sleepers or a spectral presence found in the woods.
10. The central image of the meditation that follows Peter’s noonday snooze is that of the solitary traveller.