1. Is Bradshaw making a connection between what delayed him and politics?
2. About what had the Prime Minister and Lady Bruton been talking?
3. Into what had Clarissa once thrown a shilling?
4. What surprised Clarissa when she looked out her window?
5. How had Sally once described the cauliflower leaves at Bourton?
6. What is the only thing that Peter knew about Sally’s husband?
7. According to Sally, had Hugh once kissed her?
8. Had Sally ever invited the Dalloways to come for a visit?
9. What does Peter say has spoiled his life?
10. What does Sally say about Clarissa and Richard that made Peter protest on Richard’s behalf?
1. Yes, Bradshaw is making a connection between what delayed him and politics. He is talking to Richard about a Bill concerning the victims of shellshock, which influenced the suicide.
2. The Prime Minister and Lady Bruton had been talking about India.
3. Clarissa had once thrown a shilling (a small coin) into the Serpentine River.
4. When she looked out her window, Clarissa was surprised to see the old woman whom she had observed before staring back at her.
5. Sally had once described the cauliflower leaves at Bourton as being “like rough bronze.”
6. The only thing that Peter knew about Sally’s husband was that he wore two camellias on his wedding day.
7. Yes, according to Sally, Hugh had once kissed her, on the lips, at Bourton. She was outraged.
8. Yes, Sally had invited the Dalloways, year after year, to come for a visit, but they never did.
9. Peter says that his relations with Clarissa spoiled his life.
10. Sally said that Clarissa had cared more for him (Peter) than she ever had for Richard.