Part 11 Questions and Answers
1. Is Hugh described as one who “goes deeply”?
2. Is Miss Brush’s brother doing well in South Africa?
3. How does Lady Bruton express her preference for Richard Dalloway over Hugh Whitbread?
4. How old is Lady Bruton?
5. What is Richard Dalloway’s opinion of Bruton’s idea in the letter?
6. What has Richard Dalloway always meant to do when he has “a moment of leisure”?
7. On the corner of what street do Richard and Hugh pause?
8. What pieces of information is Richard surprised to find that the head jeweler possesses?
9. What does Hugh do that disgusts Richard?
10. What would Richard have said to his son, if he had one?
1. No, Hugh Whitbread is not described as one who “goes deeply.” Hugh is one who only brushes the surfaces of ideas and things.
2. No, Miss Brush’s brother is not doing well in South Africa; he is doing...
(The entire section is 299 words.)