Part 1 Questions and Answers
1. When she hears the sound of windows opening, how old does Clarissa remember being at Bourton?
2. How does Clarissa remember Peter’s letters?
3. In what part of London has Clarissa lived for twenty years?
4. What street does Clarissa cross as Big Ben strikes the hour?
5. What is Hugh Whitbread carrying when Clarissa sees him?
6. What is Clarissa oddly conscious of while talking with Hugh?
7. To what does Clarissa liken her hatred of Doris Kilman?
8. Why does Clarissa hate Doris Kilman?
9. What color are the hands of Mrs. Pym, the florist?
10. What does Clarissa assume about the car’s backfire?
1. When she hears the sound of windows opening, Clarissa remembers being eighteen at Bourton.
2. Clarissa remembers Peter’s letters as being awfully dull.
3. The part of London in...
(The entire section is 266 words.)