Ideas for Reports and Papers
1. Imagine that Rainsford discovers Zaroff's diary and decides to add a final entry. What would it be?
2. How do laws governing the killing of animals for sport differ around the world? Compare and contrast hunting regulations on several continents. Why do you think there are so many differences?
3. Compare and contrast laws governing the killing of human beings around the world. Murder is a socially constructed idea and is understood differently by different people in different places. Discover laws that identify legalized killing—such as self-defense, euthanasia, and government execution. When is a soldier or policeman given the right to kill another human being?
4. How have ethical constraints against the killing of human beings changed over time? In what cultures have they changed the most?
5. Rainsford fought in WWI. What brought the United States into the...
(The entire section is 279 words.)