Chapters 122-127 Questions and Answers
1. What information is Starbuck going to report to Ahab?
2. What caused him to think about killing Ahab?
3. Rather than facing Ahab, what does he do?
4. What has happened to the compass?
5. How does Ahab allay the crew’s superstitions?
6. What do Ahab and Pip have in common?
7. Whom does Ahab call “creative libertines”?
8. What did the Manxman think the crying of the seals was?
9. What was used to replace the life buoy?
10. What did the carpenter attach to it?
1. Starbuck is going to report a change in wind direction.
2. The sight of the muskets made Starbuck think about killing Ahab.
3. Starbuck sends Stubb in to Ahab to give the report.
4. The compass was reversed by the storm.
5. Ahab fashions a new compass.
6. Both are mad.
7. Ahab calls the heavens and gods “creative libertines.”
8. He thought the crying was caused by drowned men.
9. Queequeg’s coffin was made into a new life buoy.
10. The carpenter attached 30 lines to it, one for each crew member.