Book Seven: Two Temptations Questions and Answers
1. What do the Middlemarch locals have to say about Lydgate on New Year's Day?
2. Of what does Farebrother speak privately to Lydgate?
3. What is Lydgate's plan as a partial solution to his money woes?
4. In what way does Rosamond thwart her husband's plan?
5. For what reason has his uncle sent Lydgate a nasty letter?
6. What is the purpose of Fred's being at the Green Dragon?
To convince Lydgate to leave the Green Dragon, Fred uses what lie?
8. What is the content of Farebrother's discussion with Fred?
9. Lydgate receives what news from Bulstrode?
10. After their...
(The entire section is 483 words.)