Book Five: The Dead Hand Questions and Answers
1. What does Dorothea's asking Lydgate about her husband's condition further weakens her marriage?
2. Why is Ladislaw distressed that Dorothea finds him visiting with Rosamond?
3. What request does Lydgate make of Dorothea?
4. What is the local opinion of the new doctor?
5. How is Bulstrode harming Lydgate's progress in Middlemarch?
6. Farebrother offers Lydgate what advice?
7. Ladislaw decides he must take what course of action?
8. Why isn't Ladislaw readily accepted in his new home?
9. How does Ladislaw spend his time?
10. Why does Lydgate withhold information from...
(The entire section is 448 words.)